Sybil’s Book Club
For over two decades, Sybil Wilkes has welcomed readers and authors with her lively, entertaining thought-provoking forums with Sybil’s Book Club.
Sybil has welcomed some of the biggest authors in the literary world including Tyler Perry, Terry McMillan, Walter Mosley, E. Lynn Harris, Tina McElroy Ansa, Rev. Al Sharpton, April Ryan and Don Lemon.
Sybil’s Book Club is renowned in the industry as the stop authors must make to meet African American readers. Sybil is the go-to person when publishers want an intelligent and engaging, thought-provoking discussion of their books.
Join Sybil’s Book Club to stay Informed, Empowered and Entertained. Each month, she’ll offer her favorites. See Sybil’s list below.
1. Allow Me to Retort: A Black Guy’s Guide to the Constitution by Elie Mystal
2. Caste – Isabel Wilkerson
3. Coming Full Circle: From Jim Crow to Journalism by Wanda S. Lloyd
4. I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes
5. You Can Bee Anything – Kim Nelson Ingram
6. It’s Not All Downhill – Terry McMillan
7. Personal Librarian – Marie Benedict
8. Will – Will Smith
9. The Love Songs of WEB DuBois – Honoree Fanonne Jeffers
10. Meeting at the Table: African-American Women Write on Race, Culture and Community Edited by Tina McElroy Ansa and Wanda S. Lloyd
Contact Us for sponsorship opportunities