Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Wyoming allows any voter to request a ballot by mail. You can also vote in person. Wyoming offers early voting.
Vote in person
Vote on Election Day
Voters registered in Wyoming can look up where to vote on Wyoming’s site.
Wyoming voters can also vote before Election Day through a process called absentee in-person voting. The period for absentee in-person voting runs from Friday, September 18, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live.
What to bring
- If you’ve voted in Wyoming before, you do not need to show ID to vote.
- If you’re a first-time voter who registered by mail, you will need to show ID to vote. Acceptable forms include: Wyoming driver’s license or Wyoming-issued ID card; or a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document that shows your name and address.
- Voters without ID: If you are unable to provide ID, you will be able to vote a provisional ballot. Your ballot will be counted if you are able to provide ID to your election office before the close of business one day after the election.
Who can vote
To register in Wyoming you must:
- complete the state’s voter registration form
- take the following oath: You do solemnly swear (or affirm) that you are a citizen of the United States; that you are a bona fide resident of the state of Wyoming and this county; that if registered in another county or state, you hereby request that your registration be withdrawn; that you will be at least eighteen (18) years of age on or before the next election; that you are not currently adjudicated a mentally incompetent person; that you have not been convicted of a felony, or if you have been convicted of a felony, you have had your civil or voting rights restored by a competent authority; and that the voter registration information contained herein is true and accurate to your best knowledge and belief
- have the notary or registered agent sign the aforementioned form
- *find more information on voting rights restoration here
Vote by mail
- Request your mail-in ballot with a mail ballot application.
- Fill out the application completely.
- Submit the request to your local election office. You should request your ballot as far in advance of the election as possible. The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Monday, November 2, 2020.
- When your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions to complete it and return it.