Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Oregon mails a ballot to every registered voter a few weeks before the election. Keep an eye on the mailbox, and be sure to mail it back or drop it in a drop-box before Election Day!
Vote in person
Oregon does not offer in-person voting.
Who can vote
You have to register to vote before Election Day in Oregon. You can find the deadline to register to vote in the “Dates and deadlines” section.
To register in Oregon you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Oregon
- be at least 16 years old to register, and 18 years old by election day to vote
- *find more information on voting rights restoration here
Vote by mail
- Oregon conducts elections by mail. If you are registered to vote before Tuesday, October 13, 2020, you should expect to receive a ballot at your designated mailing address. You can return your ballot by mail, or find a drop box on Oregon’s site. Wednesday, October 28, 2020 is the last day ballots can be mailed. After this date, ballots must be put into a drop box.
- Ballots must be received by 8 p.m. on Election Day.