Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Kansas allows any voter to request a ballot by mail. You can also vote in person. Kansas offers early voting.
Vote in person
Vote on Election Day
Voters registered in Kansas can look up where to vote on Kansas’s site.
Kansas voters can also vote before Election Day. The early voting period runs from Wednesday, October 14, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020 at 12 p.m., but dates and hours may vary based on where you live.
What to bring
- You will need to show photo ID to vote in Kansas. Acceptable forms include: a driver’s license or non-driver’s ID card issued by Kansas or by another state; a concealed carry handgun license; US passport; government employee badge or ID; military ID; student ID from an accredited postsecondary institution of education in Kansas; government-issued public assistance ID; or Indian tribal ID. Persons age 65 or older may use expired photo ID documents.
- Voters without ID: If you are unable to provide ID, you will be able to vote a provisional ballot and provide your ID to the county prior to the county canvass (7-10 days after the election) in order for it to be counted.
Who can vote
You have to register to vote before Election Day in Kansas. You can find the deadline to register to vote in the “Dates and deadlines” section.
To register in Kansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Kansas
- be 18 by the next election
- have completed the terms of your sentence if convicted of a felony; a person serving a sentence for a felony conviction is ineligible to vote
- not claim the right to vote in any other location or under any other name
- not be excluded from voting by a court of competent jurisdiction
- *find more information on voting rights restoration here
Vote by mail
- Request your mail-in ballot with a mail ballot application.
- Fill out the application completely.
- Submit the request to your local election office. You should request your ballot as far in advance of the election as possible. The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
- When your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions to complete it and return it.